Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Sunny!

Today is a sunny, glorious Monday!  I've already been to Facebook and checked how things are going for everyone and was surprised to see how many negative comments there are about this morning already!  HOW DARE YOU!  How dare you curse this beautiful day that the Lord has given us to rejoice in!  Things may be going bad in your opinion, but that's only your opinion... I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR NEGATIVITY!  I have this quote for the day:

I just don't deal with the negativity. I can't get involved in that side of it. I don't understand it, and you can't let it take away from your life and what you are trying to do.  ~Rick Pitino

Do I know him?  No.  But I love that he's so blunt about it.  "I can't get involved in that side of it."  And why would we want to???  What good is there that comes from being negative?  One thought like that leads to another and another and then to an awful downward cycle of negativity and depression!  NO THANKS!  Today I choose Optimism and Positivity and Happiness and JOY!  It's sunny here for the first time in WEEKS and I'm so glad to see it!  How dare you guys try to bring me down with your pessimistic ways.  Our purpose here is to uplift each other and bring the happiness that we want to have to others so they'll want it to!

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.    ~Kevyn Aucoin

I did some research on this Kevyn Aucoin.... do I agree with his Lifestyle?  Definitely not!  But he had his head screwed on correctly and knew what to focus on.  He was a make-up artist born in Louisiana and his whole perspective was that women were already beautiful on the inside, make-up just helped them realize it on the outside.

Great thought, huh?

If our outsides truly mirrored our insides what would yours look like?  Would you like what your mirror reflected?  I don't know what mine would reflect for sure, but I'm hoping it would be beautiful.  I'm hoping that the positive attitude I'm working on developing would be shown  and that it would have made my reflection just a smidge less tattered overall.

Are you out there, whoever you are?

1 comment:

  1. Yay you! I have negative thoughts every once and a while, but I don't understand how people get through life continually being Debby Downers.

    ReplyDelete