Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aristotle Once Said:

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."

 How do you take a life's worth of bad habits (be them eating, not exercising, being pessimistic, whatever...) and start a change?


May I suggest this as an affirmation?



"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."  ~Albert Einstein~



This thought alone brings to mind the war that we wage against our "Natural Man" every day in all that we do.  We are GREAT SPIRITS!  We have been chosen to come forth in a day of turmoil and greed to bring joy to those around us and to lift the hearts and spirits of those that need help!  We were sent to be a guiding light to those around us but in order to do that we need to step away from our "mediocre minds" that the world has placed as a block for our spiritual minds.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and our own worst critics.  


I am my own worst enemyI am my WORST critic.  I pick on myself and I don't give myself the credit I should for the good things I do.  I guilt trip myself into doing things.  I try to make myself not feel guilty for doing things I know better than to do.  I accept complete responsibility for all of this because I'm the one in charge of my choices.

But I'm going to change it all because I'm the one in charge of my choices!

Today I will cheer for myself for my little accomplishments... Like yesterday when I reached for 3 clementines instead of a piece of chocolate cake (and if you know me, you know that's my weakness).
VICTORY! 

Or like this morning when I marched my daughter upstairs very calmly without shouting because she'd upset me.
VICTORY!

We all need victory in our lives.  Tell me what your victories are; I'd love to cheer for you too!
   P.S. I already planned a victory for tomorrow: EXERCISING!  It doesn't matter what I do, just so long as I get in 30 minutes of exercise.... treadmill, yoga, cardio videos... whatever!  It's a planned one I can celebrate for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this!
    My victories at the moment revolve around school work and body work.

    Today I studied a chapter and a half of my textbook without using facebook as a "break".

    VICTORY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea for the blog!! So...um...housework or heels...can I choose both? Housework IN heals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rock LAURA! Way to go!

    Brittany, I completely agree, housework IN heels would be awesome, plus it'd probably correct your posture if you're doing dishes by hand! LOL.

    Thanks girls for the comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lacey, I love you. I'm so glad that we've gotten back in contact with each other. I'm glad that we've stayed in contact over the past almost 6 years (June 2005). I love you more than I can tell you. We will be each other's work out buddies, support systems when we're missing our husbands for being in class and at work too much, and sisters when we unite in IA. I will move to IA because I know that's where we need to be. We need to get back on the horse after falling off the first time, and ride again, and the only way to do that is to move there again and prove that we can make it. I miss you, but we'll be together soon..

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete