Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bumblebees and Butterflies

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway."

                 ~Mary Kay Ash~ 

Personally, I love this quote!  Does it really matter what other people tell us we can or cannot do?  I submit that it does not!  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what we think other people think we can do or what we think we can't do that we just don't do anything!
I'm tired of it!
I'm tired of mediocrity and I'm tired of women not realizing that they are daughters of a God who is so amazing that He created us so we could bless the lives of others!  We need to realize we are bumble bees on the inside and that will help us be butterflies on the outside!

Mary Kay also said:

"So many women just don't know how great they really are. They come to us all vogue outside and vague on the inside." 

We need to remember that what's on the inside will make whatever is on the outside 10 times better!  We can't be ugly on the inside and still feel like butterflies on the outside!  

My goal this year:
To help women (and myself) realize just how beautiful they are and understand that in a world where you can be anything you want to be, WOMEN, whether they're old, young, tall, short, motorcycle riders, moms, WHATEVER! have the right to be the bumble bee they want to be without judgment.  We need to know that being butterflies on the outside is only a tiny piece of who we really are! We need to realize that you can have bumble bee wings on a butterfly's body! You're the only person who's opinion matters.

And if you don't know who you are: come with me.... let's find out! 

This post is brought to you as I'm making a HUGE decision.  As a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant, I've learned the Mary Kay-isms.... I've heard these things a million times but have never really put them into effect.  I'm choosing today to take my business to the next level and party with 500 women to make them feel special (completely for free) and help them realize their beauty by June 15th!

It almost makes me want to vomit because it scares me so bad, but "[w]e fail forward to success!"  Here's to the biggest jump so far!  Wish me luck and if you want, you can keep track on the ticker to the left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment