Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The First Day

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." 
                 
                       ~ Gordon B. Hinckley ~

 

I read this today and thought to myself, "How fitting."

Today is Mr.'s first day of his Last semester at BYU-Idaho!
Today I realized we have about 90 days until we move... YIKES!
Today I wondered if we really are going to be moving. It's stressful to think that we've been so close so many times and yet, we are still one semester away.  

 "It all works out. Don't worry."

Today is the first day I'm CHOOSING to let it all go into God's hands because I can't do it alone.  Today is the first day I'm admitting that to anyone (including myself)... and I don't like that feeling, but apparently it's something I need to learn this year.

What will you choose to do today?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I like that. I'll definitely be following this new blog of yours, and we'll journey down our road together, hand in hand, trying to lose weight together and get through a semester with both of our husbands working tons of hours AND trying to take 3-4 classes in 1 semester. We can do this... TOGETHER. I love you.

    ReplyDelete