Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What do you accept?

"The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me."
~Mahatma Gandhi

What if all we ever heard was greatness?  What if every time someone (or ourselves) said something negative about us, we instantly heard "That's not true!" from inside ourselves?  

Seriously, think about it.

This last week I've focused on how awful I feel and how horrible life is sometimes because I'm in my first trimester of pregnancy and don't feel well and am so tired I could sleep at any given moment.  I've been a punk to those around me and I've been mean and rude and awful.   
Why am I being such a tyrant to, not only myself, but EVERYONE?

Because I've forgotten that there is that still small voice inside me.

There's someone there to tell me, "It's okay, I know how you feel.  Gather your courage, get up off the couch and be the woman, mother, spouse, friend, caregiver you need to be.  I'll never leave, I only step aside when you brush me off.  Let's do this and you'll be fine."

I bear witness to you that when that time comes and you need a friend, the best place to find one is on your knees.  He knows what you need more than anyone in the world and only He can help you find it.


Yes, life's hard.  Don't be the tyrant in someone's head that they have to fight against every day.
Tomorrow, I'm choosing to try harder.  I'm choosing to be better for everyone around me.

1 comment:

  1. Super Great Positive Attitude. Keep it up and you will be the best liked person in town.

    ReplyDelete