Friday, July 13, 2012

If we could only see us as God sees us

Yesterday was G O R G E O U S!  We had swimming lessons, went to the Michael's and got some stuff and then came home and hung out at home all afternoon! 

When we were at Michael's though, I happened across two older women in the jewelry making isle.  They were looking for a few things and I asked how long they'd been making jewelry.  The one looked at me and smiled, but the other, grabbing a black and yellow book out of her cart, said, "We just started!  We rented this from the library and are going to learn something new!"  It was Jewelry Making for Dummies!  (Awesome right?)  As I stood there looking for what I needed, the book lady looked over at my kids and said, "Oh!  Look at your eyes!  You all have such pretty blue eyes!"  Gidget said "Thanks."  Tatum, who knows we don't talk to strangers, said, "Thanks! I'm Tatum. I'm 3!" (I guess if you introduce yourself, they're not strangers anymore, right?)  Anyway, she looked at them for a couple minutes and played with Baby D for a minute then looked at me and said, "They are so well behaved!  You are so blessed!" to which I responded, "Yes, I am blessed.  They are very good."

Fast forward to today:

Today was stormy.  We went to swimming lessons hoping to burn off some energy in the pool but only got to sit and listen to a Safety Lesson.  Those are good, don't get me wrong, but let me tell ya... when you have 3 kids who woke up this morning going stir crazy, it almost makes it too much to handle!  Anyway, enter a Pinterest find that I came across a couple weeks ago--Teddy Bears out of socks.  We really had a great time!  We found socks on the clearance rack and bought some $.97 Puffy Paint from WalMart and got to work with things we already had at home!  They turned out so cute and I realized that this was a Kronos moment.

I read about these a while back and thought to myself.... Kronos time???? What the heck is that?

It's God's time.  It's the time that He runs on and when you hit a Kronos moment, it's almost as if they stand still just for a second and you either notice it, or you don't.  Today I had a glimpse of my children through God's time.

My children are crazy.  They drive me nuts (more often than not) and are always getting into something or pestering each other.  But these are the eye openers I had about my kids today:

Gidget: 
1. When she starts something, it better get finished.  I didn't want to drag the kids through the rain to swimming lessons today, and when I asked if they wanted to just skip today since it was raining, she looked at me and said, "NO!  We have to go learn about safety Mom!"  LOL!  She was so determined to be there and soak in every second. 

2. Later when I mentioned doing the bears.... she was helpful and sweet to her younger brother who couldn't get his stuffing inside the legs.  She took over offered to help Tatum so that he could have a teddy bear too.  She became a miniature mom and I saw, reflected through her, the things that I do and say.

3. She has a definite talent for anything crafty!  (That could be dangerous in this household!) 

Tatum: 
1. He is so easy going about most things, but has to have one-on-one attention.  He THRIVES with one-on-one attention.  I never noticed it before, but when he feels like he's not being paid attention to, he will literally try to be in the exact same space as you so that you will notice him.  While doing our teddy bears, I started out with Gidget's so that she could start stuffing while I sewed Tatums bear.  The whole time I was stitching hers, he's asking me, "Mom, why is this taking so long?  Will you do mine now?  Can I help you stitch? (while trying to grab my hand)"  Things that made me realize that he really is a middle child and I've let him almost slip through the cracks.  (Oldest is more capable so I do things for her first and the baby needs attention because, well, he's a baby.)  Seriously need to rectify this situation.

2. He has energy that most people would only dream about having!  I love (most days) that he is so active.  It adds so much spunk and fun into our family!  I try to remember when I'm having a particularly hard day (such as today) that God sent him to our family because we could handle him.  Some other family might have been too harsh with him, put him on meds (even at his young age) or worse... I hate to think of any other things.
He is my son.  I love him.  I always will.

3. He gives the best snuggles and butterfly kisses (batting your eyelashes on someone's cheek)!  He always seems to know just when I need a hug or if I'm sitting on the couch, he'll come and snuggle right next to me then butterfly kiss my arm...... until I chuckle and rub it because it tickles.  I also love that he tells me, "I love you to the moon and back, mom!"  It's our special moment.

Diesel:
1. Cutting teeth is hard work, especially when it's your first two at the same time!  Today his little gums were so sore and my hubby was trying to feed him and anytime something went across his gums, he'd whimper.  I peeked around from the corner of the kitchen and he glimpsed me just long enough to yell out, "Mama!"  Talk about a heart-breaker!

2. He's determined when he wants to be, but needs to be pushed sometimes.  He army crawled for the first time today!!!  FIRST TIME!!! and he's 9 months old!  It was so exciting to see that I actually made him do it a few more times before I grabbed my camera because I thought it may have been a fluke (but it so wasn't!)  When I tried to get him to do it again this afternoon, he tried once and then looked up at me and fake-cried so that I would just pick him up and give him the toy!  LOL.  He totally knows how to work me! 

3. Sometimes when you don't feel good, you just need your Mom.  Sometimes it's those arms that wrap around you that help you know you're safe and where God wants you to be.  He had a lot of those moments today and I feel very blessed to have him as my son.

Overall Message for the day:  Count your Many Blessings!

My blessings came to me in a split second decision to buy some random socks off a clearance rack and make teddy bears with my kids.  With that one decision I was able to notice all of these blessings about each individual child I've helped bring into this world.
They really are miracles, aren't they?

PS. Here's a picture of our bears.... not too bad for a first try, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment