Monday, July 2, 2012

A New Beginning


Hi Friends.  I'm so sorry it's been WELL OVER A YEAR since my last post.  I have no reasons.... only excuses... but here they are:

  1. I moved 1500 miles while being 4 months pregnant.
  2. Once moved, we didn't have a lot of internet access due to the fact we moved in with my folks.
  3. After finding an apartment, we took a year off of internet (using the one at my parent's house only occasionally) so as to help us focus on our family a little better.
  4. I had a baby in October.
  5. I got severe Postpartum depression.... if you've ever had it, you know what I'm talking about.
  6. The new year came and I had no desire to tell anybody anything.
  7. I decided to be happy again in like May.

NOW..... it's JULY!!!!  Happy July to all my readers/friends/acquaintances/anyone who glances at this blog!  I'm so excited to be back!  Here's what has me excited right now.

First and foremost: today's my birthday!  I am 27 years old today!  WoOt wOoT for me!

Secondly, I moved from here:
                                To Here:

 
Yep, moved from a tiny city surrounded by mountains, to a state of corn fields.... back to my roots and my family that I missed so much!  Plus, there's LOADS of sunshine here all the time!

 

Thirdly, having taken a 1-year sabbatical from all things internet/television related, I've realized that there are some things I will never miss: the crap that was on TV that I used to get sucked into so bad; the hours of time I used to spend on the internet doing whatever; the bad attitudes my kids were starting to have, just to name a few.  I do NOT miss having to separate my kids from each other because they are fighting over things (not that they don't do it still, but it's different.... it's more yelling and not so much physical).  Also, I don't miss having to change the channel because an inappropriate commercial has come on and I have to guard my kids.... now I pick what they watch and when (mostly movies but we also watch Iowa Public Television).  
Fourth, I'd have to say that I'm super excited about the new Fiscal year for Mary Kay Cosmetics.  I am taking off this year with the desire to be in Director Qualifications by March.  That means that I will be partying with women for a purpose!  I love Mary Kay.  It literally saved my life when I signed up and I've never thought about quitting EVER!  It's made me a better woman and the women I've met through it have all influenced my life in so many ways.  The thing I love most about Mary Kay is that even if I don't sell anything, I made someone feel better about themselves for an hour and sometimes that hour can translate into something huge!  You know the saying, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"?  It's totally true!  Who would have thought, right?  When a woman feels better about herself, she treats people differently, she treats her kids differently, and she loves those around her more!  It's an awesome transformation to see, let me tell ya!  (BTW, if you'd be interested in a FREE, no-strings-attached facial from me, e-mail me!  I'd love to pamper you, even from afar!)

The fifth and last thing I'm excited about right now is this:

I have 3 BEAUTIFUL children!  I've been so blessed to have them in my life and I've decided to make every day count with them.

My oldest, *Gidget, is 5 and going to be going to Kindergarten this year!  She's so excited and can't wait to learn what is out there.... she's amazing!  
My second, *Tatum, is almost 4 and into everything and crazy and hyper and tiring and he wears me out emotionally sometimes, but I wouldn't change him for anything.  He's got such a sweet heart and is so loving to those around him.  He also likes to tease everyone and pester to no end.  Such is a boy though, right?

My youngest, and newest addition, *Diesel, is so cute!  I can't believe that he's ours.  He refuses to crawl even though he's 8 months old, but he gets where he wants to go by rolling around the floor.  I LOVE his chunky rolls.... seriously cannot get enough of them.  And his cheeks.  They kind of remind me of chipmunk cheeks.  LOL!

*These represent names that have been changed to protect my kiddos!*

Anyway, as in true Lacey fashion, here's my quote of the day to help you see the positive:



No comments:

Post a Comment